Saturday, June 13, 2009

Back in the swing of things...





It's been 2 weeks since Fletcher's seizure and we are back to "normal"! Fletcher took about 5 days to recover. He slept nearly around the clock, only waking to eat and play for about 1 or 2 hours at a time.

Many good things have come from what I call "the most horrible day of our lives"....
1. Fletcher seems to have become a napper! YAHOOO! He never did this before... EVER!... (Mind you, we haven't let him out of our site since the seizure... including naps and night. I've even paid a babysitter to lie next to him while he sleeps.) I'll get over don't worry!

2. I'm CPR certified and Barry will be in the next few weeks.

3. I have barely turned my computer on in 2 weeks. Each moment with our son is even more precious than before and I simply don't care about many things that I did before.

4. Fletcher has proven to us that he is a tough cookie and that I am the wimp!

5. Our home seems happier and full of more love than ever!

6. We will probably never move - we like being minutes from the hospital! :>

So... I thought it would be a good time to post some pictures post-siezure.

Here is Fletch eating lunch with his new best friend... the blender! He plays with it all day along side the salad spinner. (I'm not exaggerating at all when I say they are nearly inseparable!) He often will not eat unless I place the blender on his tray. (Our next trip to the hospital could be for stitches... but don't worry... he isn't really interested on the inside of the blender. He prefers to stack things on top of it.)

Also we must report a development in the LOVE department. Fletcher has been spending quite a bit of time with Cora... (an older woman by 8 months.) The two of them are pretty sweet together and kiss on their parents demand. Here is a pic of the two of them at the zoo.

Thanks for your well wishes! We feel blessed to have such supporting and loving family and friends! xoxo- Barry, Cody & Fletch

No comments: